Best of West Sikkim 7 Night 8 Days
Beauty of West Sikkim 7N8D
Itinerary: Kaluk/Rinchenpong 2N Uttray 1N Pelling 2N Yuksum 2N (7N8D)
Day 01: NJP/BAGDOGRA TO YUKSUM (5500 FTS/140 KMS/5-6 HRS)
Upon arrival, meet our representative and drive to Yuksum via Jorethang. Upon arrival at Yuksum, check into the Hotel. Evening free to walk around the Village. Overnight stay at Hotel/Homestay.
Day 02: YUKSUM SIGHTSEEING
Breakfast at Hotel Visit Tashiding Monastery (About 250 Yrs Old Nyingma Order of Tibaten Buddhism) Enroute Visit Phamrong Waterfalls
Back to Hotel for Lunch. After Lunch, Visit Norbu ghang (Coronation throne), Karthok Holy Lake and Dubdi Monastery (Oldest Monastery of Sikkim. Evening Free to Walk around the Village. Overnight stay at Hotel/Homestay.
03: YUKSUM TO PELLING VIA KHECHUPALRI LAKE - ( 6250 FTS/54 KMS/3 HRS)
Breakfast at Hotel and Checkout. Visit Khangchendzonga Waterfalls Drive to Khechupalri Holy Lake (Wish fulfilling Lake) Drive to Pelling and Check into Hotel. Evening Free to walk around the Town. Overnight stay at the Hotel.
Day 04: PELLING SIGHTSEEING
Breakfast at Hotel . Drive to Khangchendzonga waterfalls (23 kms/1 ½ hrs) Enroute see Rimbi waterfalls. Drive to Khechupalri Lake (16 kms/40 minutes from KWF) - Sacred and wish full filling lake amidst a deep and rich forest. Drive back to Pelling (28 kms/1 ½ hrs) Lunch at Hotel in Pelling. After Lunch, visit Pemayangtse monastery (Nyingma order of Tibetan Buddhism/310 yrs old) Visit Rabdentse palace ruins (02nd capital of Sikkim)- 30 minutes easy walk from the main road through the forest/ CC footpath. Drive back to Pelling (20 minutes) Overnight stay at Hotel/Homestay.
Day 05: PELLING TO UTTARAY (5400 FTS/30 KMS/3 HRS)
Breakfast at Hotel and Checkout. Visit Changay Waterfalls Enroute Visit Singshore Bridge (2nd Highest Suspension/Gorge Bridge in Asia)
Upon Arrival Check into Homestay. Evening Free to walk around the Village. Overnight stay at the Home stay.
Day 06: UTTARAY TO KALUK/ RINCHENPONG (5500 FTS/30KMS/2 ½ HRS)
Breakfast at the Home stay and Check out. Drive to Kaluk/Rinchenpong Via Dentam Valley Enroute stop by alpine Cheese factory (Manufacturer of Gouda cheese). Upon arrival, check into Hotel. Evening Free to walk around the Town.
Overnight stay at the Hotel.
Day 07: VILLAGE EXCURSION
Early Morning Hike (easy/ 40 Mins) to Resum Monastery to View sunrise over Mountains. Walk back to Hotel, Breakfast at Hotel and Recess (1 hr) Hitch-Hike to Azhing Farm House (Organic Farming). Village Walk and back to Hotel.
Overnight stay at the Hotel.
Day 08: DEPARTURE NJP/BAGDOGRA (125 KMS/5-6HRS)
Breakfast at the Hotel and Checkout.
Drive to NJP/Bagdogra Via Rangpo Teesta.
- Please carry original ID proof (Voter ID card / Pass-port / Driving License etc) for security purpose, issue of permits & hotel policy and pp size photographs.
- The mentioned hotels will be confirmed as per room availability. Otherwise we will confirm similar category hotel.
1. Check-in & Check-out time 12:00 hrs.
2. If arrival of guest is by train at Railway Station, please be informed that our executive will be there to receive the guest at the exit gate (near enquiry counter) If you arrive at Airport our executive will be there at Exit Gate of the Airport.
3. On arrival of guests, we will provide them local contact number of our executive, who will handle the entire operation.
4. Do not leave your belongings in the vehicle unattended. We will not be responsible for losses occurring in such cases.
5. Some of the tourist spots might be closed due to different circumstances and in this case we will try to divert you to another tourist destinations. If your visit coincides with such holiday and you miss sightseeing and you want to undertake the same sightseeing on another day, there will be extra charges payable for the same.
6. Please maintain timing for sightseeing / transfers which will advisable by our executive.
Other necessities and information:
Due to the wide range of temperature and climatic conditions it is advisable to dress in layers. For protection against cold, layered clothing is better than one or two thick garments. Clothing should preferably be made from natural materials, which allow the body to breathe.
Bring comfortable sport shoes for light hikes & sightseeing; hiking boots for treks; semi formal shoes for dinners/appointments/functions.
We should bear in mind that the higher the altitude, the cooler the weather, and that with a brisk wind blowing down off the mountains, even a low-lying valley can become quite chilly. The Northern and the Western part have a much harsher climate, with summer monsoon rains and winter snowfalls which may block passes leading into tourist spots. Winter in Sikkim and Darjeeling is from mid-November till March, and at this time of the year the climate is dry and sunny for the most part, temperatures peaking at around 15c. in the daytime and falling below zero at night. The monsoon usually arrives in mid-June, with light rain falling mainly in the afternoons and evenings. At the end of September, after the last of the big rains, autumn suddenly arrives, and is a magnificent season for trekking until November.
Nepali, Hindi and English are commonly spoken in the main towns and are the principal medium of instruction in schools throughout the state.
Sikkim and Darjeeling are one of the safest destinations in the world however you should still exercise caution when visiting. Avoid drinking tap water which has not been boiled at all times as most water sources in Sikkim and Darjeeling are untreated. One can easily acquire affordable treated and bottled water. People prone to car sickness should bring appropriate medicine as the winding roads on the mountains have plenty of curves and turns. Bring any medication you take regularly, or might need to take for a periodically recurring condition, such as asthma.