The Hidden Paradise of North Sikkim 6 night 7 days
North Sikkim Hidden Paradise (6N7D)
Itinerary: Gangtok 2N Lachen 2N Lachung 2N (6N7D)
Day 01: NJP/BAGDOGRA TO GANGTOK(5500 FTS/120 KMS/4-5 HRS)
Upon arrival, meet our representative and drive to Gangtok. Arrival at Gangtok, check into the Hotel. Evening free to walk around the town.
Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 02: GANGTOK TO LACHEN (9000 FTS/127 KMS/5 HRS)
Breakfast at Hotel & check out. Drive to Lachen (9000 fts/127 kkms/5 hrs) Enroute stop by butterfly water falls and drive to Rangrang (1 hrs from WF),Lunch at Rangrang. Enroute stop by the Naga waterfalls. Drive to Chungthang and further to Lachen. Overnight stay at Hotel/Homestay.
Day 03: LACHEN - (9000 FTS)THANGU VALLEY - (14200 FTS) GURUDONGMAR LAKE - (17400 FTS)
Early morning at 4 am drive to Gurudongmar Lake (65 kms/3 hrs) Stop by Thangu Police Outpost (Permit formalities) Drive further to Gurudongmar Lake. Drive back to Thangu and hike around the valley (2 hrs) Back to Lachen and evening free to walk around the village. Overnight stay at Hotel/Homestay.
Day 04: LACHEN TO LACHUNG (8850 FTS/50 KMS/2 HRS)
Breakfast at Hotel/Homestay and check out. Enroute stop by the Bhim-Nala waterfalls. Reach Lachung and check into Hotel. Evening free to walk around the town. Overnight stay at Hotel/Homestay.
Day 05: LACHUNG-(8850 FTS) YUMTHANG VALLEY-(12000 FTS) YUME-SAMDONG-(15300 FTS)
Early morning drive to Yume-Samdong (51 kms/3 hrs).Spend a time at the valley enjoying snow. Drive back to Yumthang Valley (Valley of flowers)Short Hike (40 minutes)to Hot spring through Pine Trees and Rhododendron bushes. Drive back to Lachung. Enroute a short walk in the Shingba Rhododendron sanctuary. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 06: LACHUNG TO GANGTOK (124 KMS/5-6 HRS)
Breakfast at Hotel & check out. Drive to Gangtok. Enroute stop by at Shinghik to view Mt.Khanchendzonga and its ranges. Overnight stay at the Hotel / Homestay.
Day 07 : DEPARTURE TO NJP/BAGDOGRA (120 KMS/4-5 HOURS)
Breakfast at Hotel and Checkout. Drive to NJP or Bagdogra.
- Please carry original ID proof (Voter ID card / Pass-port / Driving License etc) for security purpose, issue of permits & hotel policy and pp size photographs.
- The mentioned hotels will be confirmed as per room availability. Otherwise we will confirm similar category hotel.
1. Check-in & Check-out time 12:00 hrs.
2. If arrival of guest is by train at Railway Station, please be informed that our executive will be there to receive the guest at the exit gate (near enquiry counter) If you arrive at Airport our executive will be there at Exit Gate of the Airport.
3. On arrival of guests, we will provide them local contact number of our executive, who will handle the entire operation.
4. Do not leave your belongings in the vehicle unattended. We will not be responsible for losses occurring in such cases.
5. Some of the tourist spots might be closed due to different circumstances and in this case we will try to divert you to another tourist destinations. If your visit coincides with such holiday and you miss sightseeing and you want to undertake the same sightseeing on another day, there will be extra charges payable for the same.
6. Please maintain timing for sightseeing / transfers which will advisable by our executive.
Other necessities and information:
Due to the wide range of temperature and climatic conditions it is advisable to dress in layers. For protection against cold, layered clothing is better than one or two thick garments. Clothing should preferably be made from natural materials, which allow the body to breathe.
Bring comfortable sport shoes for light hikes & sightseeing; hiking boots for treks; semi formal shoes for dinners/appointments/functions.
We should bear in mind that the higher the altitude, the cooler the weather, and that with a brisk wind blowing down off the mountains, even a low-lying valley can become quite chilly. The Northern and the Western part have a much harsher climate, with summer monsoon rains and winter snowfalls which may block passes leading into tourist spots. Winter in Sikkim and Darjeeling is from mid-November till March, and at this time of the year the climate is dry and sunny for the most part, temperatures peaking at around 15c. in the daytime and falling below zero at night. The monsoon usually arrives in mid-June, with light rain falling mainly in the afternoons and evenings. At the end of September, after the last of the big rains, autumn suddenly arrives, and is a magnificent season for trekking until November.
Nepali, Hindi and English are commonly spoken in the main towns and are the principal medium of instruction in schools throughout the state.
Sikkim and Darjeeling are one of the safest destinations in the world however you should still exercise caution when visiting. Avoid drinking tap water which has not been boiled at all times as most water sources in Sikkim and Darjeeling are untreated. One can easily acquire affordable treated and bottled water. People prone to car sickness should bring appropriate medicine as the winding roads on the mountains have plenty of curves and turns. Bring any medication you take regularly, or might need to take for a periodically recurring condition, such as asthma.